This article will be showing you how to retrieve your NIN and link it to your Airtel sim as quickly as possible.
NCC recently directed all network operators in Nigeria to stop the registration of sim cards nationwide so that they can review the database. As a result of this, subscribers are required to link thier NIN with their sim.
As at the time of writing this article, subscribers still have the opportunity to link thier NIN with their Airtel sim and avoid being blocked.
What Is Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN)
Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN) is an eleven digits code that is assigned to an individual, by a regulated body called National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), this eleven digit code will be given immediately after the successful enrolment of National Identification Number (NIN).
The Enrolment of the National Identification Number (NIN) is the process of collecting an individual’s demographic data, capture of the ten (10) fingerprints, digital signature, passport photograph, and other important person details. All the required documents and information is used to check the all existing data in the National Identity Database so that there will be no entry of the same person or data.
How Retrieve Your National Identification Number (NIN) Using Your Airtel Phone Number
You need to follow this simple and easy steps:
- Dial *346#
- Then you choose from the available options that is displayed after the has complete loading, then select “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in ‘1’.
- Make sure you are using the same MTN SIM that you use for National Identification Number (NIN) enrollment, immediately after you select “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in ‘1’.
- You request will be processed, it may take short period of time, before you got the eleven digit number,
- N20 (twenty naira) will be deducted from your phone credit balance as service fee.
How To Link Airtel Number to NIN
To link your NIN to your Airtel phone number, you have two options to choose from. You can either use USSD or the Airtel website.
How To Link Airtel Number to NIN Using USSD
All Airtel users should dial *121*1# to link their National Identification Number (NIN) to phone number, this simple method takes less than five seconds.
- After dialing *121*1#,
- Then enter 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
- Now enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
This method is Airtel users only, it doesn’t work for another network however, I will still add links for other networks at the end of this article.
How To Link Airtel Number to NIN Using Airtel Website
If you prefer to using the official Airtel website simply follow this method below;
- Visit https://www.airtel.com.ng/nin to link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your phone number.
- Enter your mobile number and click send OTP
- 6 digit code will be sent to your phone number, type the OTP code in the space provided to verify your phone number.
- Finally input your 11 digit NIN and submit the information.