If you are looking for a way to quickly retrieve your NIN and actually link it with your Glo sim then this article will walk you through the process.
NCC recently directed all network operators in Nigeria to stop the registration of sim cards nationwide so that they can review the database. As a result of this, subscribers are required to link thier NIN with their sim.
As at the time of writing this article, subscribers still have the opportunity to link thier NIN with their Glo sim and avoid being blocked.
What Is Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN)
Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN) is an eleven digits code that is assigned to an individual, by a regulated body called National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), this eleven digit code will be given immediately after the successful enrolment of National Identification Number (NIN).
The Enrolment of the National Identification Number (NIN) is the process of collecting an individual’s demographic data, capture of the ten (10) fingerprints, digital signature, passport photograph, and other important person details. All the required documents and information is used to check the all existing data in the National Identity Database so that there will be no entry of the same person or data.
How Retrieve Your National Identification Number (NIN) Using Your Glo Phone Number
You need to follow this simple and easy steps:
- Dial *346#
- Then you choose from the available options that is displayed after the has complete loading, then select “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in ‘1’.
- Make sure you are using the same MTN SIM that you use for National Identification Number (NIN) enrollment, immediately after you select “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in ‘1’.
- You request will be processed, it may take short period of time, before you got the eleven digit number,
- N20 (twenty naira) will be deducted from your phone credit balance as service fee.
How to Register Your NIN To Your Glo Number
Now that you have been able to retrieve your NIN, it’s time to link it with your Glo sim. Follow the steps below to do that.
Link Glo Number to NIN Using Sim
Glo users should send “Update NIN” NIN, First Name, Last Name To 109 on your Glo line, for example UPDATENIN 12345678903 Chioma Hassan Funke, to link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your phone number, this super easy and simple method takes less than five seconds.
Link Glo Number to NIN Using Glo Website
- Visit https://www.gloworld.com.ng/nin to link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your phone number.
- Fill all the required details like First Name, Last Name, Middle Name, Phone Number, National Identity Number & Email Address
- Finally input any 2 digit number and submit the information.
Remember this method of linking National Identification Number (NIN) to phone number is only for Glo customers. Check below for other networks.
How To Link NIN With Other Networks
No one has commented yet. Be the first!