Do you want to quickly retrieve your NIN (NIMC) and link it with your MTN Sim without any stress, this article will guide you through the right process to go about it.
Following NCC directives, all network operators in Nigeria now prompt their subscribers to link thier NIN with the sim to avoid being blocked.
That being said, we are going to show you how you can quickly link your NIN with your MTN Sim on this post.
What Is Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN)
Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN) is an eleven digits code that is assigned to an individual, by a regulated body called National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), this eleven digit code will be given immediately after the successful enrolment of National Identification Number (NIN).
The Enrolment of the National Identification Number (NIN) is the process of collecting an individual’s demographic data, capture of the ten (10) fingerprints, digital signature, passport photograph, and other important person details. All the required documents and information is used to check the all existing data in the National Identity Database so that there will be no entry of the same person or data.
How To Retrieve Your National Identification Number – NIN on MTN
If you have successfully registered for National Identification Number (NIN), but you have missed the Identity card or slip, you can retrieve by dialing *346# on the phone number you used during the registration of the National Identification Number (NIN), this code *346# works perfectly well on your MTN Sim. The cost of this service is just #20 per SMS.
How Retrieve Your National Identification Number (NIN) Using Your MTN Phone Number
You need to follow this simple and easy steps:
- Dial *346#
- Then you choose from the available options that is displayed after the has complete loading, then select “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in ‘1’.
- Make sure you are using the same MTN SIM that you use for National Identification Number (NIN) enrollment, immediately after you select “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in ‘1’.
- You request will be processed, it may take short period of time, before you got the eleven digit number,
- N20 (twenty naira) will be deducted from your phone credit balance as service fee.
That is how to retrieve your National Identification Number (NIN) from your phone number.
How Retrieve Your National Identification Number (NIN); If Sim Is Lost
If you don’t have the phone number or you have lost the phone number or SIM card too, then you need to visit the nearest local government council or National Identification Number (NIN) registration center, they will help you to retrieve it.
It is Illegal for any NIMC staff to collect any money that is not authorized by NIMC management, on this issue we tend to enlighten you the right National Identity Card Fees you are supposed to pay if case you need to correct any information on you National Identity Card database.
How To Link MTN Number to NIN
As MTN subscriber you have about 3 easy and quick methods to follow and link your NIN to your sim card without visiting with MTN office or MIMC walking centers or office. Below are the available option;
Link MTN Number to NIN Using USSD
All MTN user should dial *785# to link their National Identification Number (NIN) to their phone number, this process is simple and easy, it takes few seconds.
- Dial *785# your Mtn sim
- A pop up window will appear to input your 11 digit NIN
- After Input of your NIN number then send, You will get confirmation massage “Yello! Your NIN has been successfully received. Kindly note that this is subjected to verification, as all NINs will be validated by NIMC. Thank you.”
Link MTN Number to NIN Using MTN Website
- Visit https://mtnonline.com/nim/ to link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your phone number.
- After you have enter your name, phone number, NIN, and email address, to complete the process, then submit the form as soon as you’re done. Then
- Wait for feedback from the network.
Link MTN Number to NIN Using myMTNApp
You can also link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your phone number online, all you need to do is to log on myMTNApp. This method is only for MTN users, it doesn’t work for another network.
How To Link NIN With Other Networks
- How To Retrieve NIN (NIMC) & Link NIN With Your MTN Sim
- How To Retrieve NIN (NIMC) & Link NIN With Your Airtel Sim
No one has commented yet. Be the first!