TECNO POP 2F is a new Android phone from TECNO’s POP series, one of the best budget smartphone lines from the OEM. The smartphone runs on Android 8.1 Go Edition based on TECNO’s HiOS Lite 3.3 custom UI. It is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor on a 1GB RAM and a 16GB internal memory. The phone also features face ID, below are the key spaces of POP 2F.
TECNO POP 2F Key Specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen, 960 x 480 Pixels
- Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition, 1GB of RAM
- Mediatek MT6580, Quad-core 1.3GHz
- 16GB built-in storage
- 8MP rear camera and 5MP selfie camera.
- Fingerprint sensor and Face ID
- 2,400mAh non-removable battery
Design and Display
TECNO POP 2F is available in 3 colours – Champagne Gold, Midnight Black and City Blue. It has a simple design and an all-plastic cover. Its rear camera is located at the same place like all TECNO devices as well as the LED Flash, the fingerprint sensor is also located top middle at the back.
For the display, it has a 5.5” IPS display with thick bezels. It features an 18:9 aspect ratio display and a 960*480 resolution. The upper bezel of the screen houses the front camera and the LED Flash.
Hardware and Software
Being a budget device having a 1GB RAM, it had to run Android Oreo (Go edition) to function effectively. It is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek processor with a Mali GPU for gaming and graphics. It is customary for TECNO smartphones to pair the operating system with its own UI, the HiOS. POP 2F comes with HiOS Lite 3.3. For the internal storage, it comes with a 16GB ROM which is expandable up to 64GB via the SD card slot.
TECNO POP 2F Camera
According to TECNO, the rear camera has 7 levels of beauty mode for amazing photography experience. It has an 8MP rear camera and LED Flash for taking shots in poorly lit environments.
At the front is the 5MP selfie cam with LED flash which can also be used for the Face ID unlock.
Battery and Connectivity
It has no 4G LTE connectivity support but has a Dual SIM card slot. Other connectivity options are Fingerprint sensor, Bluetooth, WIFI, Hotspot, GPS, microUSB port and a 3.5mm audio jack.
- Dimension: 149.76 x 72.8 x 9.35 mm\
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: N/A
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 5.5-inch
- Screen Resolution: 18:9, 960 x 480 pixels,
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition, HiOS 3.3 Lite
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6580, Quad-core 1.3GHz
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 128GB
- Primary: 8MP – LED flash
- Secondary: 5MP – LED flash
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: –
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 2,400mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Ion
- Fast Charging: No
- OTG Support: Yes
TECNO POP 2F Price and Availability
The official price has not yet been revealed but it should retail for ₦26,000 to ₦29,000. I will update this post once the official price is known just keep refreshing this page so as to see the update.